We are pleased to be featured in the 2021 Preqin Global Private Equity & Venture Capital Report. The report outlines trends and news in PE/VC and highlights a few top performing funds. It is one of the industry's most comprehensive and in-depth annual reviews.
In April, we realized our largest position in a portfolio company in Fund II through the $500 million sale of Punchh to PAR Technologies. In addition, Nexient was acquired by NTT DATA Services and Ampool was acquired by Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE).
In terms of new funding rounds, Fund III company, Catch&Release raised a $14 million Series A led by Accel. Cervin led a $10 million Series A in Anvilogic.
Punchh - April 2021, $500 million exit to PAR Technologies Corporation.
Punchh, a leader in loyalty and guest engagement solutions, has been acquired by PAR Technology Corporation for $500 million. PAR is a leading global provider of restaurant software. This acquisition makes PAR a unified commerce cloud platform for enterprise restaurants with integrated point-of-sale, back office, payment and guest engagement solutions. Congratulations to Shyam Rao, co-founder/CEO and the entire Punchh team. We are happy to have been part of their exciting journey since leading its seed round.
Nexient - May 2021, exit to NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services, a global digital business and IT services leader, has entered an agreement to acquire Nexient, a digital services company that will expand NTT DATA’s differentiating transformation, modernization and cloud app development capabilities. Nexient was one of Cervin’s early investments that we incubated as an adjunct to our software investments to drive collaborative agile development with F-500 customers with an all US staff based in Michigan and Ohio Congratulations to Mark Orttung and the Nexient team of 800+ employees for having built a phenomenal platform and an incredible outcome.
Ampool - June 2021, exit to Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
Ampool has been acquired by Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Ampool’s team and products will be extending the high-performance analytics capabilities of HPE’s flagship Ezmeral software platform, playing a pivotal role in accelerating Ezmeral’s analytics runtime for interactive SQL workloads, helping to improve quality, repeatability, throughput, and time to value for customers’ AI/ML, analytics and data-intensive workloads. Congratulations to Milind Bhandarkar and the Ampool team.
Anvilogic - May 2021, $10 million Series A
Anvilogic, a leading cyber-security threat detection automation company, recently announced that they have raised a $10 million Series A led by Cervin Ventures with participation from Foundation Capital, Point 72 Ventures, and Dan Warmenhoven. The funding round will allow Anvilogic to scale their go-to-market operations and expand research and development efforts. We are excited to welcome Anvilogic to the Cervin portfolio.
Catch&Release - April 2021, $14 million Series A
Catch&Release, an industry-leading creative technology platform, recently announced that they have raised a $14 million Series A, bringing their total raised to $26 million. Accel led the round with participation from existing investors including Cervin Ventures. The new round of funding will allow Catch&Release to accelerate efforts to turn their vision into a scalable technology-driven solution that can serve a larger pool of creative teams.
Other Portfolio News:
- AiFi was named to the CB Insights AI 100 for the third year in a row! They continued their global deployment with more autonomous stores opened for Zabka, Choice Market, and the Indy 500.
- Paystand received Startup Weekly’s Financial Services & Insurance Companies to Watch award.
- The Privacera team was named one of Threat Technology's Top Companies Providing Data Security Solutions.
- Anvilogic won the prestigious Editor’s Choice Cybersecurity Startup of the Year award, in addition to the Cutting Edge in Enterprise Security award and the inaugural Most Innovative in Automated Detection Engineering award at the 2021 Cyber Defense Global InfoSec Awards.
- Airgap Networks launched a free ransomware vulnerability scanner to help companies assess their ransomware exposure.
Here is a sampling of articles and news about our portfolio companies:
- Punchh Acquired by PAR Technology Corporation for $500M
- WEVO: A Customer Experience Platform that Delivers Go-to-Market Confidence
- Catch&Release Raises $14M in Series A Funding
- Why Cervin Ventures Invested In Anvilogic
- Why Cervin Ventures Invested in Nexient
- Cervin Founder Spotlight: Dave Blake of ClientSuccess
- Cervin Ventures Featured in 2021 Preqin Report
- Embracing the B2B Digital Transformation with Folloze
- Cervin Founder Spotlight: Karthik Kannan of Anvilogic
- Ampool Acquired by Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
In Q2, our partners also wrote articles on their particular areas of expertise and interest.
As always, we thank you for being part of Cervin’s community and welcome your recommendations to enterprise seed-stage founders looking for engaged capital partners.
- The Cervin Team